Saturday, July 12, 2014

Philippine Hot Air Balloon Festival 2014


Years back, there was this phenomenal event every year. This Philippine Hot Air Balloon Festival was being celebrated every year at Angeles City, Pampanga. And I didn't know back then how could I possibly attend this kind of event. Way back in my college days, I only know about commuting from home to school and Trinoma and to some malls near our school. I never thought of myself being a Lakwatsera or Traveler or someone who is interested attending festivals, appreciating natures and everything beyond. But it was just last year (the start of my travel year), the only time I discovered myself of doing something outside of the box. Finally, a friend invited me to this event. I only hear things about this Hot Air Balloon Festival since 2013, and I really wanna come but I don't have friends with me, so this time it's all been set.



This Festival was scheduled from April 11 to 13, 2014. I really wanted to go on the day which they will be having a night glow part. But my friends isn't available on the day that the night glow was scheduled so we just agreed on the date that everyone is available - April 13(Sunday).

We bought our tickets at SM North Edsa prior to this event to avoid the long lines in the ticketing booth on the day of the event itself. Tickets are priced P200.


Being an early bird, gets to see how the pilots setup their own thing. And I'm glad we did went there as early as we can. And the event started almost late. Oh well, #FILIPINOTIME PINOY eh! :)


And because we were early, we had the chance to find a good seat, well there's no really seats, everyone can stand to watch there but because we are uber early, we did manage to take a seat infront, after the fence.


On the activity ground, those who purchased the VIP pass are the ones who can only enter inside while the pilots are preparing before the flight.

Here are my travel buddies that day :)


Well, this is my first time to attend this kind of event, Oh boy I was amazed! My heart melts seeing all those lovely, colorful hotairballoons that are about to take off. :)






One of the best things are, it was not just plain simple hotairballoons, they did manage to make intricate designs to their balloons, the ones I liked are the Orient Express Train Balloon, the motor balloon, and monkey one.

So huge! 


After the takeoff of the Balloons, people inside the activity grounds started to double the number. We're quite curious and one of my travelmates, was eager to get inside, and we tried to walk to the entrance side of the pilots and vip's and we're surprised that they allowed us to enter without asking for  VIP tickets or pass or anything.


I wanna try paragliding someday!




hehehe :p





There are also 4X4 vehicles that are parked in the area, and I think its for the later show. We did took pictures of some amazing vehicles there.



It was freakin hot that morning and because we're done watching the balloon flights we decided to take our early lunch, brunch ? we have'nt take our breakfast yet and we decided to roam around the place.


There are a lot of food stalls where you can buy your lunch, drinks and snacks. There are also some tables scattered around for dining.



After our lunch we took some dessert and as I'm being curious about this Razon's Halo Halo being originated here in Pampanga, the stall caught up my eye. At first I thought it was just something usual because the ice is not that well shaved? or what's the term for that? haha! I used to have this Razon's Halo Halo in Manila and it was so good, even just the ice(I think their version was the ice blended with the milk already the refrigerated and shaved). And I was so wrong, the version I've tasted here was indeed great! You really have to try! :D just for P85 we have something to cool us down from the freakin heat-strokin' weather :p



They had a big big tent setup so that people can stay and wait for the next thing on the list of events, well, there is also a big screen which they replayed the previous fights of Manny Pacquiao as for the meantime while others are waiting for the actual fight on that day. 


As I could not take and bear the heat, even after taking a nap while we were in the tent, we decided to just call it a day, and hop on to the nearest mall, SM Pampanga/SM San Fernan? I guess? We took our lunch there.




Before we head back home, who would not forget to bring some pasalubong? :) I suggested to buy some pasalubong at Suzie's Cuisine. The food was delicious! :) We had Tibok-Tibok, Special Puto Pao, and the Moche-Moche. All of them was my favorite hehehe :p


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...