Thursday, October 17, 2013

From Japan to Philippines: Mister Donut's Pon De Ring

While browsing on the internet, I found interesting food trips from other blogs about this so called "Pon De Ring" donuts. Well, having a sweet tooth like me is obviously one of the reason why I'm a donut lover. Through various blogs, I learned about Gavino's Japanese donuts which is actually the first shop in the Philippines to bring the Pon De Ring craze here. Pon De Ring is one of the famous donut variation of Mister donut Japan and (mostly) Asian countries as well. I'm very excited to try this one so............

Mister Donut Cafe


As I googled information about this craze,  Mister Donut's Pon de Ring is only available at their Greenhills branch.

Pon de Ring and Do-ssant selections



The usual donut selections







Its good to know that this Mister Donut Cafe offers such wide variety of Food selections. Based on the menu, they have pastas, burgers, all-day breakfast, desserts and other stuffs.


I came here just for the Pon de Ring donuts. A dozen is enough to fulfill my cravings.


Pon De Ring as you can see is a donut made up of balls glued to each other. Each piece of ball is in fact(based on my research and experience) a mochi donut ball. Mochi-ish balls glued together? How was that!? It was chewy, yummy and heaven! Its not your typical donut that melts in your mouth. It gives me a thrill prior to eating donut.

My first half dozen consists of the Classic donuts: Sugar-Raised and Classic Glazed P29 each

My 2nd half dozen consists of the Premium ones P39 each

Drooling now? :) Let's start with the flavors..

Cookies and Cream(Premium)

I forgot the name, but let's call it Chocolate Madness(Premium)

Rocky Road(Premium)

Pistachio(Premium)

Sansrival(Premium) - This one is my favorite. I love evrything that is Sansrival.

White Almonds(Premium) - This may look like the ones from JCo - the Alcapone. In terms of frostings, I prefer the white belgian chocolate frostings of JCo. in their Alcapone rather than this one.

Sugar-Raised(Regular) - This one is almost perfect, its not as sweet as you imagined.

Classic Glazed(Regular) - The number one on my list. Taste is divine. Just like in Krispy Kreme that others can live with just the Original Glazed. Same as the concept for this one.

Comfy seats around



Start eating by detaching one by one of the mochi donut balls so that you crave for more hahaha.


Pon de Ring sometimes referred as Mochi-donut, its because its chewy, savory goodness and not too sweet and not bland at all, you cant get enough of it. With the prices of P29 for the Classic and P39 for the Premium ones, now thats a steal. You can never go wrong with that, just try even a piece and you'll find yourself getting addictive to it.


I will definitely come back, I'll try their do-ssant (donuts + croissant) version, Of course will have my favorite Classic Glazed Pon de Ring again soon :) You should pay a visit also!!! Happy foodtrip everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...