Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pan De Amerikana - Marikina


Instead of bumming at home, I decided to have our Marikina City tour on that lovely weekend.. It was a sunny day and this where my feet led me, our first stop is foodtrippin' at Pan de Amerikana. Pan de Amerikana serves authentic 1950's PAN DE SAL. This place thrilled me during college days, it was then introduced to me by a friend, I was googling it and has been curious to their place ever since. What I like more is that they served dishes which can be good for a budget pocket.



For those who are bringing in their vehicles, they have parking spot in front of their store with no fee

Entering the place, a pleasant afternoon with their pretty decorations awaits me


For the menu, they have breakfast selections which are very affordable at P65. Some dishes are as low as P20 pesos! How great was that? They also served Pandesal with fillings for P30, not bad at all cause they sell their pandesal for P6 each :) Also, they have fruit juices, shakes and other desserts to choose from.

very affordable right?

more photos and lovely decors inside! truly native


After ordering, we then now explore the place, for cheap prices of food, I was glad to have a homey feel about the place, lovely interiors and all.


one of the things that intruges me the most: life size chessboard



I love how creative the place was, I think they mostly used those materials that can be found at our local nature. Can you spot those colorful bottles? I love how they turned that bottles into a cute decoration! I'm in love with the colors.

I'm also glad that this one is a no smoking place

Laing for P40

Everlasting for P60

Bicol Express for P60

Whole wheat pandesal for P6 each

Enseymada for P12 each



As for the food, basically you get what you've paid for, though they have generous serving for the plus points. For the laing, I love laing with more 'gata' and spicyness. This one though, lacks of both. It was just an okay food but it surprises me cause the serving is so generous that we didnt even finish the dish. My friend ordered the everlasting, since this one is overrated among blogs, we tried it. I tasted it and I didnt find myself getting addictive to it. Im a fan of Bicol Express, this one satisfied my cravings, it has the right amount of spicyness and that made me want some more and more :) I also love their whole wheat pandesal! Eat it right away after purchasing, it was indeed yummy.



You can wash your hands here prior to eating, how cute!




You can explore the 2nd floor of the place as there is a cute hanging bridge upstairs, though what you can view from there was just roofs of the neighborhood's home. You can have photo ops here. Another great foodtrippin experience.

Have you been here? Check out their branches and find one near you. (We visited the main branch).

(Main Branch)
#92 General Ordonez Street Concepcion dos Marikina
(475-2398)
The main branch is located at the heart of Marikina near SSS Village (open from 6am to 7pm everyday except Sundays 6am to 3pm) 

(Katipunan Branch)
Katipunan Avenue Quezon City
(442-5601)

Wilson Street Greenhills San Juan
(585-4242)

Makati Avenue corner Constellation St. beside Savory
(585-7872)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...