Friday, May 2, 2014

Tous les Jours GMA 7 Baking Challenge


Tous les Jours is a french word that means "Everyday" this means that this bakery always serves freshly baked goodies. Tous les Jours is a French-Asian Bakery that is starting to spread around here in the Philippines that is more likely more than 10 branches and more way to go. It was first established in 1996 and opened its first store in September 1997 at Gu-Ri Korea, and from then on it started to spread like crazy from Asian Countries to United States. Its decorative cakes and breads will make your eyes and sweet tooth being captured.





I was invited by a common friend who is a marketing staff/employee at Tous les Jours(namely Anton). I was referred to him by a friend who just recently viewed my last food post here on my blog. I was invited to be a food blogger at this Tous les Jours Baking Challenge. I am really not a certified foodies or whatsoever. I blog almost everything under the sun. But my focus mostly was the love for traveling. Since I do travel and I write tips on where to go, what to eat, like this and like that. I always had the chance to explore or taste something unique kinds of food, or what food does that place is being known.


The event was held at Shopwise Arcade Araneta Center Cubao QC. I was told by Anton that I should be there at 1:30pm. I am almost late because I didn't expect the slight traffic. Good thing that when I arrived, they were still waiting for others to come, so what to do with the free time? I am free to tour around the store.


Their breads has more variety and I can say all of those breads are good looking, not to mention makes me feel hungry! Their breads is priced just right from 30 pesos and up just like breadtalks.


What I like about Tous les Jours is that most of their breads have their solo plastic packaging which is also nice and hygienic I may say. Cause as you can see in Breadtalk, most of the breads are scattered and just being clipped by a thong. What if suddenly a customer almost touches the bread with their hands, and the customer returned it to its place, would everybody know about that? Well there are also some breads in Tous les Jours that do not have a to go packaging but I can see that it is very limited, mostly the big ones.


Aren't those cakes looks yummy and makes you crave? I love their decorative cakes. They are being designed well and uniquely. Cakes can go as low as P398 if am not mistaken, and can go as high as more than a 1000 pesos.

Packing the macarons

They prepare and served freshly baked


This Sweet Black Rice Bread with Cream Cheese is the one that I am mostly intrigued. Some of my friends who has been to this Bakeshop, had this bread and always raved about it. Most of them referred it as a must try when visiting Tous les Jours. Also one of their best sellers too is Madeleine, which I have tried before and indeed it was great.


I always wanna try their macarons, they are lovely and colorful! Ahhh... That makes my heart melt.. I haven't sampled those cute pink and violet macarons. But sooner, I will for sure. I think there are two categories of their macarons, one is Premium Macarons are priced at P190 per pack of five, while De Paris Macarons (which is believed is the regular ones) is way cheaper at P140. They have a new addition to the selection which is the Premium Heart-Shaped Macarons and is priced at P248.


For this baking challenge, they invited 3 actors, Enzo Pineda, Bryan Benedict and Michael Daez(all from GMA 7 Talents). The lady discussing some introduction regarding the mechanics of the baking challenge is none other than the President of the Tous les Jours, Ms. Andrea Amado.


Before the baking challenge starts, they served us something to sample from their bread selections. I don't know the names of the bread, but definitely they are all great! That one with the blue berry has more tangy taste which I guess came from a fresh blueberries. Looking at the photo, at the far left which is almost not fully visible is the Sesame Black Rice with Cream Cheese is on the top of my list! I loved it to bits. The creaminess and the sesame black rice do really blends well together.


This is the first time that I got to taste their Macarons! I was so glad that they offer a sample of this Premium Heart-Shaped Macarons. Its delicous!


Then they started the Baking Challenge demo with one of the Bakers of Tous les Jours. She demonstrated the step by step procedures on how to shape the cream cake.

It is a rose-shaped cake!!


Then she demo how to properly pour the strawberry powder over the cake. And after doing so, she makes the droplets to make it more fresh looking rose cake. Then she make the cream leaves and pour onto it the green powder which is the matcha flavored powder. In a matter of 20 minutes they should have done it perfectly.


Hurray for the finished product! Well, boys let us see who can make an almost exact looking cake for 20 minutes among the three of you :)

Enzo Pineda and his partner from GMA Artist Center(if i'm not mistaken)

Michael Daez and his partner

Bryan Benedict with his partner - an editor in chief from a magazine

The winner of Tous les Jours Baking Challenge!!


I was glad I have been invited to this event! Plus after the photo-ops we started eating the cakes that they made. Regarding their cake, I don't expect it to be a spectaculuous one. I have been given a Tous les Jours cakes before by some friends and my experience was kinda ok. A bit disappointed that time because I was not satisfied by the taste. So this time, I don't expect it to be great. But hep hep! Upon tasting it, it blew me away. It was far from the first time I've experience tasting their cake. I don't know if it was because of the flavor. But regardless, this rose-cake was delicious! I love the real strawberry bits inside the sponge cake, though if you have tasted the powder on top of it, it was a bit overwhelming if accidentally put too much, just a little amount would be perfect!


I got the chance to take home the same kind of cake(not the one used in the baking challenge ha..). Plus a loot bag with some breads. Oh how I wish they included my favorite Sesame Black Rice with Cream Cheese! Kiddin. Thank you Tous les Jours for this experience! And to Sir Anton who invited me! :) Til' next event of Tous les Jours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...