Monday, September 15, 2014

Foodtrip Part 1: Breakfast at Toastbox


The first time I have tried this Toastbox was years ago already and way back when I was on a vacation in Singapore. It was my mom who let me tried their Kaya Toast and their Milo Dinosaur, and I loved that. But since I am not a foodie from that time, I wasn't eager to try it again for so many time.



It was just lately since I started working at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig that I just noticed that this Toastbox has a branch there. And later on, found out that there was another branch near my home location, I was talking about the Trinoma Branch.


Last Friday, I was with my officemates - the best girlfriends in the world(weh?), where we were talking about the Toastbox branch in Taguig if it was still there or was it replaced by another foodchain, and Faith did told me that the branch there still exists, and I was like, HOW ABOUT WE TAKE OUR BREAKFAST THERE? And within a second they agreed.


We entered the place and I feel like in the mood for breakfast because of the ambiance. It feels good, and there isn't much customer that time, I think there is just one customer inside.


From the menu there are Toastbox Sets, Sandwich Sets, Beverages, and some Asian Delights. Since its breakfast, I opted for the Kaya Toast Set, which I had the option to choose between Kopi or Teh. I choose Teh with condensed milk(no additional fee for this), because MilkTea is <3, The Kaya Toast is LOVE! It was heaven, Kaya I think is like or is a coconut jam but I find it not too overwhelming plus the butter that looks like cheese is sweet I guess? Or maybe it was just the Kaya? :)


My friend Claudette ordered Thick Floss Set(P165), and she chose Teh also with condensed milk but she wanted a cold one so she added 15 pesos. The floss is great and its one of the things I'm craving for whenever I'm in Singapore. Though the bread isn't that much soft? I guess I'm just expected something more softer than that.

floss <3


Since mine I already mention was Kaya Toast Set, this one is P150. Everything in set includes 2 eggs and a choice of Kopi or Teh. I noticed that the served eggs for me was a soft boiled egg(I did try to break it) and I don't like it that way so I asked one of the staff if she could change it to a hard boiled one, and glad she did with no additional fee. Faith's set similar to mine but her choice was Kopi. And its a good coffee with a deeper taste than the usual I'm having here in the Philippines.

BEFORE

AFTER


THE BREAKFAST GALS! :)

Overall the food was great and I would like to try their Laksa and other Asian Delights next time! :)


TOASTBOX
Ground Floor Bonifacion One Technology Tower, 31st St. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
toastboxph@gmail.com
open from 7am to 10pm
Contact Number: 0922 802 8563



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...