Monday, September 29, 2014

Moalboal x Pescador Island x Chasing Dolphins


Moalboal in the Southern Part of Cebu is one of the best diving spots in the entire Philippines. It's where the home of colorful fishes and lively corals underneath. It's one of the places that topnotches on my itinerary. I am so much inlove with the life underneath the open sea so I guess I'm excited to try this one out.

Pescador Island from afar

There are lots of sample itinerary on google if you would like to pattern your trip. Mostly and commonly started from the right side of Southern Cebu. If you would look into the map, they started with the town of Carcar down to Santander. But, I would like to differ from those, since Moalboal is not an option for me(if ever we ran out of time), we listed it on our first day. And since were traveling first on the left side of the Southern Part of Cebu, we started from Mantayupan Falls. After that we directly went to Moalboal to get an accommodation at Moalboal Backpacker Lodge. We went outside Moalboal again and explored Kawasan Falls in Badian, then lastly explore Moalboal. This is due to limited time, so we have to maximized it on the 1st day so that next morning, we will be traveling to Oslob earlier(we wanted to travel earlier to avoid traffic).


We came to Moalboal a little bit late from Badian's Kawasan Falls. It was almost sunset but I didn't mind even if it doesn't have sunlight. Anyway the waters of Moalboal is still clear. See? Just a bit disturbed by a little bit rain downpour.


More or less 20 minutes of boatride going to Pescador Island. My hair was still a bit wet from our little adventure to Kawasan Falls.


As soon as we're nearing Pescador Island, I had mixed emotions and hoping that we could still see a good view of the life underneath without the sunlight. There is still some daylight though.


Approaching Pescador Island, there is no sandbar or shoreline where you can stay and spend the rest of the day, but rather beds of corals under the shallow waters.


SPEECHLESS.



Nah, I am not actually speechless. I was so overwhelmed of the beauty under the shallow waters of Pescador Island! I was saying WOW, AMAZING, OMG! Again and again.





There are a lot of small fishes with different colors swimming around us. The corals, I haven't seen so much of them. I also do not know how to distinguish the dead corals from the lively ones. But for me, everything underneath was so damn alive. They are really lovely to look at. 



And oh, I am so glad to found not one but two blue starfishes lying around the corals. It was different than the ones we saw in Burot Beach, Calatagan Batangas. The ones in Burot Beach have so many tentacles at the back!!!






This one almost completed my day! Finding Nemo in their own habitat was so cute!!!! It was so picture perfect right? Not to mention it added more appeal when one on the side which is the cutie Lion Fish makes the photo great. But beware of that Lion Fish, they said that it was venomous.







We spent most of our time swimming in the shallow waters of Pescador Island. I am not expecting that something is waiting to surprise us.


We were moving on to our next stop which is the Tuble Marine Sanctuary to spot some Pawikans and others. But our boatman sounds like discouraging us(well, not really) to push through it because he said that there's nothing more we can see in there plus there is also an entrance fee, it was all so common and we have seen everything in Pescador according to him. So I was like a bit disappointed.


A few meters away, the boatman and my friends spotted some dolphins waiting for us! And in a matter of a few seconds, they were surprisingly chasing our boats. Looks like they wanna play with us! They event went side by side on our boat.



And in the count of one.. two.. three.. they were jumping on my side portraying like a happy kiddo that won a lollipop!





It gave me a series of adrenaline rush! I was so glad that I was able to video them playing with us with my gopro. And though I had no expectations to see some Pawikans, boy did we see not one, not two, nor three but more Pawikans swimming around! Too bad I wasn't able to capture them.



Moalboal is also known for its famous Sardine run. Well, I almost lost hope when our boatman told us there is no more sardine run that time. I had dreamt and picturing myself under the water swimming with thousands of sardines underneath. Then suddenly, I saw something swimming batchly in front of our boat!! IT WAS THE SARDINE RUN!!!! My heart broke when our boatman didn't allow us to swim in the waters that time, because other boatman is trying to catch some fishes/sardines, and by that move, it might cause them to loose the opportunity to catch any because we might disturb the fishes. 


What we did was to just let the camera dip slightly into the waters and take a good shot of it. Though we didn't achieve what we want to achieve but at least we've tried! And its the actual experience that counts right? I was very happy that this Sardine Run entirely completed perfectly our first day experience in Cebu!!! :)



DAY 1
DAY 2

1 comment:

  1. Moalboal, Cebu is a breathtaking haven for those seeking unparalleled beauty and adventure. Every snorkeling experience, from vibrant coral reefs to majestic sea turtles, is a captivating voyage into the heart of Philippine tourism. So, if you want a taste of tropical paradise with a dash of adrenaline, pack your bags and come to Moalboal for a vacation unlike any other - your inner adventurer will thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...