Monday, December 2, 2013

Marikina City Tour



Day trip near my location is always a go for me whenever I dont have plans for weekends. Ive waited for this time for me to tour around Marikina City, the shoe capital of the Philippines. Beforehand, I've googled the places to go, food to eat and what to do in Marikina City. And here's the rundown of our daytrip in Marikina.



Our first stop is Pan De Amerikana. Pan De Amerikana is best known for their big, yummy and cheap Pandesal, for only  P6.00 each, they also have Enseymada which costs P12.00 each. Pan De Amerikana is not just a bakery, as you enter the place, it has a homey restaurant feel, only that they serves carinderia like foods. Its decent and pretty cheap, for 50 pesos and up you can have your lunch. Thus, you get what youve paid for.

View of Pan de Amerikina from outside

Casa Feliz offers a variety of desserts. Many people raved for their Vida Verde Tea, a slice of cake. But we didnt try this one as we are already full from the food that stuffed our tummy from Pan De Amerikana.


While walking going to the Shoe Museum, we saw numerous stalls where you can buy your pasalubong.

Pasalubong

Around the Shoe Museum you can have you photo ops at the Walk Of Fame like with the cute shoe design printed.

Outside the Shoe Museum

Shoe Museum also has schedule of visiting, I didnt know until we got there and the guard told us that they are having an event inside, we went on a Sunday and as soon as the guard told us that they have an event ongoing I was kinda disappointed thinking we could no more enter the Museum, suddenly found out they have signages of schedule outside that the museum that it is only available for viewing on Mondays to Saturdays, the guard asked us where we came from and we mention we are from QC, we then take a rest at a bench on the side. Moments passed and the guard come to us telling that we could now enter the museum, maybe he think that we traveled all the way from QC just to visit the place so he already talked to the receptionist inside to allow us enter the museum. Btw, shoe museum has an entrance fee of P50.00


Shoe Museum

After the shoe museum, I went to the shoe shops nearby. Eventhough there's a large collection of shoes on sale, I haven't bought any single one because I couldn't find any that suits my taste. :p





Kapitan Moy spanish ancestral house which is now a restaurant

 Just across the street from the museum and shoe shops is The Our Lady of the Abandoned church. It's one of the must visit places here in Marikina and just to give you a little bit of trivia, this church was built way back in 1572.



After touring the church area, I went back on the road to head to the Riverbanks Center to stroll around. Along the way, I passed by the Marikina Clock Tower which is also a famous landmark here.


After arriving in Riverbanks Arcade I walked around inside the mall but only to find myself outside walking along the Riverbanks.  The water is dirty as expected, and trash which seems to be brought in by the water scattered on the other side of the river. That's why I was a bit surprised when I went down near the waters that there were a lot of fish swimming in there! Some of the people are even throwing food into the water and then a lot fish would gather in that spot to feed.

Riverbanks Center



An old train on display at the parking lot of the mall
After strolling around some more, it was time to go home as it is was about to go dark soon. There are still some famous spots that I have missed and still a lot of restaurants that I haven't gone to that's why I'm going back to Marikina again for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...