Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Dining in at Shi Lin


My friends and I wanted to go watch a movie at Bonifacio High Street because we want to try this new thing 4DX experience. We opted to dine-in first to have our lunch at Shi Lin before watching a movie, so we ordered our food first, then while waiting, the other friend of mine initatively went to Bonifacio High Street to reserve a seat. Unfortunately, 4DX tickets are always sold out due to limited seating capacity. So we opted for a 3D movie instead.



Shi Lin is just near Bonifacio High Street so no hassle in going there to watch a movie after our lunch. The Shi Lin Branch where we ate was at Commercement Building Global City.


Shi Lin is not new to me cause I always roam around BGC. I also thought that this Shi Lin was not a budget friendly restaurant so I never thought of dining here. Well as of this writing, it is my 2nd time to eat here and the first time I went here, I've tried their famous Xiao Long Bao and it didn't fail to surprise my tummy. So I came back for it. Also, I've noticed on our first dine here with friends, their serving was quite huge. We ordered like 3 dishes and we didn't able to finish so we had to take it out. 

Noodles with Sesame and Peanut Sauce P155

I am not a fan of noodles or ramen, I mean I like noodles but I am not craving for it at most of the times. I'm more fond of eating rice, but this noodles with sesame and peanut sauce changed preferences. I love the sweet and nutty combination of this noodles. Though it looks like it lacks a bit of sauce but when you mixed it together I think its good enough.

Braised Beef Noodles P258

The next we ordered was this braised beef noodles. The beef was cook tenderly! It was soft and did not gave me a hard time to chew(unlike others who serves chewing gum beef? lol). I like it more with the soup, the broth was just perfect. You can ask for more soup for your noodles if you feel you want more. And what I like more was their noodles has the perfect chewiness and is not overcooked. Both of their noodles are good. The serving I tell you is just perfect for sharing, we're just 3 but we almost didn't finish the 2 noodles. 

Xiao Long Bao - 10pcs for P258

This is my favorite one! Xiao Long Bao is perfect to eat while its hot, When you take a bite, the meat is perfect and there is some sort of soup inside it so make sure you eat it carefully. But the wrapper, I am not a fan. I cannot describe it. But overall, it's great!


Shrimp and Pork Shaomai 6pcs - P188

I love shrimp so we ordered this one and I was surprised when I took a bite that its quite similar to Xiao Long Bao, that there is some soup inside. Downside, the wrapper don't live up that long, because when it was served in our table we waited first for our friend to comeback from BHS before we start eating, and after a while the wrapper looks lantang gulay na tssk.

Mushroom and Vegetable Dumplings - P168

THE FOOD

foodtrip and travel buddies


You can also see how they prepare your food. I think their noodles are hand-pulled which I like. The ambiance of the place was nice, we went to the bathroom on the 2nd floor and found out that the seats there were good spot too. The area was clean enough. The prices was reasonable and actually cheap I guess because they serve good foods and huge servings so its worth it to spend some bucks! I'm going to visit this again anytime If I crave for their Xiao Long Bao. :) If you wanna try this, there are also other branches which you can check out which one is near you. Its worth a visit though.

Shi Lin - The Fort Branch
Commercement Building, 31st Street Corner 4th Avenue,
BGC Taguig
Telephone Number: (02(8597012)

Other Branches:
The Podium
Alabang Town Center
Power Plant Mall
Lucky Chinatown Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...