Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hot Sunny Day at Canyon Cove, Batangas


Last May, we had an opportunity to tour our Japanese bosses who came to see Philippines for business purposes. And as a member of our team, they chose me to be one of their companions in the out of town tour. Maybe because they already know that I am a frequent traveler.



I was feeling lucky, that time I wanted to go Tagaytay to just chill from the hot sunny weather back in Manila, and I was glad that my manager asked me to list some places we could visit around Tagaytay or somewhere else. Because I had the chance, I jot down everything to visit, eat, to do around Tagaytay. Too bad, we ended up visiting Canyon Cove in Batangas as suggested by our company's Vice President. Well, it's not so much bad, the thing was just our itinerary has just been ruined in just a day or two of notice.


We drove from Makati to Batangas around 3-4hrs if I remebered it correctly. I thought it will be just less than 3 hours. We arrived before lunch and immediately proceed to the ticketing area and our manager paid for our day tour ticket. There's so many tourists when we arrived, a bit disappointed because you know when there are so much tourists around you, you cannot even enjoy and relax that much.


Because I didn't planned an itinerary for our Canyon Cove daytrip, I know nothing about the place, even for the rates. What I just know was that our manager paid for an 800 pesos daytour ticket and from that price tag, 300 pesos is consumable. I don't know if those are consumable for food or for some activities.


2nd disappointment we had was, oh yes there were so many tourists that one large group had an ongoing Team Building if I guess it right? And looking at the face of our Japanese bosses with us, I don't know if they really looked not at ease because it was very humid that time or was it just because of the loud noise coming from that big group using a microphone to sing MORE songs in a loud and out of tune version? Really? Zzzzz.


We started touring the area, and I was glad to see the beach! Summer? YES! Oh, we really need to get some shed that time, but we came in not so early so we don't have the chance to choose a good cottage area. We even jumped in a reserved cottage near the beach because we cannot bear the heat anymore. It was toasting us.


We then waited for our manager because they went to asks the management if there are available cottages. And they said we can stay for a while in that cottage(as to where we jumped in) as long as the one who reserved the cottage is not there yet.


The beach was not so stunning as I may compare it with the other's like the beach of Potipot. It wasn't as clear and blue-green as Potipot. But, it was beautiful as it is. And it is really inviting me to take a dip, but I can control myself cause I don't wanna be toasted ha! Plus I am not prepared to bring those beach things because all I know is just we are going to just tour the place and do some sports activities available and not to enjoy the beach, well, next time!



Another group had left and we had a chance to get a cottage near the pool area so we immediately transferred and time to relax now. By the way, the cottages you see behind the pool, was priced at 1000 pesos I think for a daytour, and the cottages near the beach is 1,500 (not sure about this, because I just heard it from the conversation of both of my managers there).



There are playgrounds near the pool for the kiddies to enjoy, and there are also showers near the cottages of the pool.



After our Japanese bosses enjoyed their swimming time, we had to eat our lunch. We proceeded to the restaurant area, where surprisingly there is Max's which I know some of my managers do love to eat. There are so many people in the grilling area so we did not mind to go there so we ended up here. The food was served way too long, we were hungry but we have to wait because we were informed that there were so many orders from the other customers. We then combined and used our 300 pesos consumable per person and paid an additional in the bill. 


For activities, they offers Kayaking, Banana Boating, Jetskiing and many others. I think the rate for Kayaking is 400 per hour as it was what we have tried.



Before the sunset, I did not let the opportunity passed by to try Kayaking. And it was the best decision! Because the underwater life of Canyon Cove was so stunnninggggg!!!! I was amazed by the corals underneath. It doesn't have that much fishes swimming around, but the corals was just WOW. The water was so clear that I can see everything under the Kayak, which was not in my expectation! One thing I failed, because it was not supposed to be a beach time, I didn't mind to bring my underwater camera because I didn't expect this opportunity. Boy!!!!!!!!!! I almost wanted to jump in the middle of our Kayaking, but as you can see my outfit was a total failure :)))

After that Kayaking session, we had to take a bath and prepare going back to Manila. It was way too traffic more going home. 

Wanna visit here too? Details below:

Canyon Cove Resort
Far East Road, Piloto Wawa
Nasugbu, Batangas
Philippines

Phone Number: +632.908.1111

Makati Reservations Office Telephone Numbers:
840 2290
840 2327840 2204
840 2365

or visit their website: http://www.canyoncove.com.ph/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...