Thursday, February 27, 2014

Helmet Diving at Governor's Island, Hundred Islands


When we stepped foot at the Governors Island, we were then approached by a man offering us helmet diving for P300 each. I was hesitant at first because it was a bit too pricey for me, and also because we are on a budget. We declined it on their first offer, and after a few walks and photo ops, the man insisted and he gave us a discount, we haggled the price at and he kindly offered P900 pesos for 5 of us. That was a steal right? Imagine from P300 to just P180 per head, I can now experience this Helmet Diving :) 


I'm more excited. So after a few minutes of exploring Governors Island, we were back on the boat to head to the floating raft that we have passed few moments ago. There was a couple who were asked by the man who offered us this helmet diving to let them hitch a boat ride from us because they were also going to the floating raft for helmet diving.

This is my first time for helmet diving. I was scared at first, I just thought that the waters may seep inside the helmet and I'm like whoaaaaaaa @.@

The floating raft of PAC helmet diving
Few moments later we were then being briefed about the DO's and DONT's during our dive. All those questions that bugged me minutes ago, was all been asked. And so, I was a relieved. It is all safe as they say.

The diving helmets lined up

Can you find Nemo? :) Hihi


I was stunned by everything that I saw. It was indeed beautiful! Well, for a first timer, It is truly an amazing experience. Seeing those school of fish, being up close and personal with Nemo, and of course those Giant Clams which instantly close when you touch them. I'm speechless. :)

See those Giant Clams? @.@





As we go down further, bending our knees onto the grounds/sand, there will be more and more pressure on the ears, but they also reminds us the things to do when experiencing this, hold on to your nose and blow the pressure away from you ears. It somehow helped me, but most of the time it isn't. But, I didnt mind because I can handle the pressure anyway. So I just explore the vicinity and not waste any single moment :)



Those number of fishes in front of us were overwhelminggggg! :)


It was a very nice experience overall but the only thing I was disappointed at were the underwater pictures >.<
As you can see above, the water doesn't look that much clear but even though it is a clear sunny day when we did the helmet dive. I guess you can partly blame my borrowed GoPro camera for that and PAC also didn't took pictures of us using their DSLR camera with a water proof case :(

It was still okay though and we got huge discounts anyway. From my viewpoint, helmet diving is a really recommended activity that you must do when you're at Hundred Islands!


Helmet diving near Governor's Island courtesy of:
Philippine Adventure Consultants, Inc.
http://www.facebook.com/pacph


 Hundred Islands National Park adventure links:
Bolinao and Alaminos Pangasinan Trip Sample Itinerary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...