Saturday, October 18, 2014

Crazy Katsu Along Maginhawa


Another random weekend foodtrip, my friends and I went to Maginhawa for a good food fix. Just because I cannot tolerate staying at home staring at the ceiling and waiting for something to happen. I texted my friends and they agreed to meet me up.


I immediately took a bath and go ahead because the sun is bright. While waiting at Trinoma, my friend told me that is was raining that time. I was surprised to know, I left home with the skies clear.


I've heard a good food reviews about Crazy Katsu and I'm not eating kinds of food they offer on a regular basis. So I am not expecting anything about what they can offer to us. Other's find it as a cheaper alternative to Yabu. As I've said, I'm not always into the hype of people trying out those famous foodtrips and recently open branches in the Philippines. So yeah, I haven't tried Yabu. 


The place is quite okay, good ambiance, the chairs were just distributed so closely to each other but that was not a problem for me.


This is their menu, and I may say that pricing was about right. It's like I am going to eat just at Tokyo Tokyo, right? I asked the staff, what's their best seller or probably the most people ordered at their store, and obviously it was written, the Chicken Katsu.


So my order was no other than their Chicken Katsu for P155, chicken fillet ,with some sort of delicious sauce on it and cabbages that is well seasoned. I just loved it so much! I mean, we loved it. I don't know what kind of sauce was that but if perfectly matches the chicken fillet! Plus I think its good for sharing the serving is so much for one person I guess.


The Gyoza on the other hand is priced at P130 for 5 pieces. Well, it's a big let down for the three of us. We didn't liked it so much. The taste was unexplainably bland? No, I don't know. It doesn't taste good enough for me. I think that its overpriced, 5 pieces for P130, compared to my Chicken Katsu.


The Tonkatsu priced at P150 is also served with cabbages and rice, and the Tonkatsu sauce is great, not the typical Tonkatsu sauce. It matches the Tonkatsu well enough. I just wonder where is the Mayo on top of the Tonkatsu that I've seen on other blogs? Are we supposed to ask for it?


Another winner is this Sukiyaki, as you can see on their menu it's a must try and I must agree with that. Its priced at P190, pricey? No, not at all because it can served 2 people already. We were actually surprised how huge the serving was plus the noodles is great and not overcooked. The soup/broth was delectable one.


Faith also ordered their must try Iced Coffee for P65. I beg to disagree with the 'must try' part. It wasn't good enough and tastes like a regular 3 in 1 coffee.. Like duh?

before

after



my foodtrip buddies/travel buddies

Well, as you can see on our before and after photos, It is obviously that we did enjoy our food. Or maybe we were just so hungry? No, I think i'll give it more visit next time. We had a great food. You must visit it along Maginhawa! I may think that even though I haven't tasted Yabu's food offerings, I can tell you that Crazy Katsu is good enough to compare just because the price is just RIGHT(I've heard Yabu's around 300 plus). I just hope that Crazy Katsu will not increase their pricing soon enough. :) Because their food is great! When I come back, It will be always CHICKEN KATSU :) :p


CRAZY KATSU
(Maginhawa Branch)
81 Maginhawa St. UP Teacher’s Village, Diliman, Quezon City   
Tel. 435-0030
OPEN : Mon~Thurs 11am~10pm  Fri & Sat 11am~11pm  Sun 11am~10pm

(Marikina Branch)
#48 Lilac St. Hacienda Heights, Concepcion Ⅱ, Marikina City
Tel. 570-3128
OPEN : Mon~Thurs 11am~10pm  Fri & Sat 11am~11pm  Sun 11am~10pm

(BF Paranaque Branch)
231 Aguirre Street, BF Homes, Parañaque City
Tel. 847-9514
OPEN : Mon~Thurs 11am~10pm  Fri & Sat 11am~11pm  Sun 11am~10pm

(Taft Branch)
Ground Floor, One Archers Place, Castro Street corner Taft Avenue
OPEN : Monday~Saturday 11am~9:30pm

You may visit their website for more info :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...