Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary Matnog, Sorsogon


Matnog Sorsogon is the last town at the far end of Luzon, it is the gateway to Visayas and Mindanao. But what am I doing here? Nah, im not going any more farther, well, I'm going to explore Matnog's hidden gems. One of the highlights well, Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary.


We flew from Manila to Legazpi City bringing with me my snorkeling gear. I am not excited to use the gear with the trip here in Juag Lagoon Sanctuary, but rather, for the previous plan: to catch the whale-sharks at Donsol, Sorsogon. Due to change of plans, I never thought that it will be soon to bring me here in Matnog, Sorsogon. So because it was as soon as a click, it gets me thrilled that I am now going to experience those fishes at the Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary plus the beaches of Matnog of course!



We started sailing, preparing our things, putting on sunblock and that time I just remembered that I forgot to bring my SNORKELING GEAR! I left it at my luggages back in Mayon Backpackers Hostel in Legazpi City(where we checked in for 3D/2N) too bad!!!!!! I was so desperate having a photo experiencing the colorful and lovely fishes of the marine sanctuary! oh well. There will be next time.


20 minutes later, we arrived at the marine sanctuary. That time, our boatman Manong Eddie reminded us that we cannot snorkel or swim with the fish if we have our sunblock on(swimming with the fishes in the sanctuary with your sunblock on may cause the fishes to die due to harmful contents of the sunblock). WHUTTTT?????? hahahaha. SO THIS IS NOT FOR ME?! (Malas! Kainis! Grrr) It's like, I wanna swim in there even without my snorkeling gears, but chances didn't allow me to do so! WAAAAAH.


On the other side, I was surprised on how big the lagoon was and how plenty of fishes there is. It really left me in awe after seeing those colorful marine life that Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary has to offer. I was really speechless..


I recently bought an action camera, and I was really excited to use it. So instead of frustration not swimming with the fishes, I just let my camera take a shot of everything under the water to for me to even experience its beauty.


Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary has no entrance fee, you can feel free to visit here anytime any soon (you can contact the marine sanctuary caretaker Kuya Alex Geneblazo contact number: 09183045437). He is also a boatman so you can arrange a boat tour to this sanctuary. But our boatman was not a caretaker of this marine sanctuary, we did went here just for a sidetrip. PS. I haven't talked to Kuya Alex because when we went here, he was busy at the other side of the lagoon, plus he heard that we can't swam with the fishes because we have our sunblock on.

turquoise waters of Matnog, Sorsogon

can you see how big is this creature? hehe :)



If you want to feed the fish, you can buy some at Kuya Alex's wife, for a fee of P50. It's fun feeding the fish because if you are snorkeling underwater and someone throws a food to feed the fish near you, those plenty of fishes will surely swam right next to you so you can enjoy capturing those moments.


I did enjoy capturing those picture perfect moments of those fishes, I just have a problem with that white-orange colored fish (I'm sorry I don't know the name of the fish and the kind), because whenever I let my camera in the water, it swam and almost like grabbing my camera. Maybe that fish is curious thinking my camera is also food >.<

This is my favorite fish to capture among them all

I like the color of this one :)

This fish looks pale hehe :)

If you will be visiting Matnog's beaches (Subic Beach and Tikling Island) you can also have a sidetrip to this captivating Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary. Tell your boatman to visit this place first before putting any sunblock on. Entrance is free, but I do highly recommend to at least leave a donation fee so that they can maintain its premises for other visitors who will have a future visit.

After quite some time enjoying with fishes, it is now time to continue the Island hopping with Subic Beach and Tikling Island. Follow it here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...