Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 3: Baler Land Tour And Last Minute Surfing


It was our last day in Baler, I wanna go surf for the last time before we leave Baler. But then again, I got some bruises and I can feel the tiredness of my body from the first day of surfing, up to yesterday's non-stop tour around Aurora. But my friends didn't let the tiredness stop them from surfing and feel the rush again of the waves.



They did surfing again, while I was up in the room fixing my things and preparing everything before we leave Baler, I did manage to take a quick rest and got energized after that.


The sea is inviting me and so the waves are. I wanna go take a quick dip again and feel the waves splashing through my body while I'm being carried away towards the other side. I wanna surf again. But, Oh yea, yes I know there should be no buts, well, I know there's a lot of next time for me. I will go to places I've never been and do something like this AGAIN.

MM lodge from afar(the yellow one)


While waiting for them to finish taking a bath and preparing their luggages, I looked outside of the balcony and saw this Kuya Manong selling Siopao. I am a fan of Siopao so I decided to try some, well it just costs P10. Cheap price but very fulfilling. It tastes good but not surprisingly special. What more can you get with your 10 pesos right? I'm satisfied.


I forgot to ask his name - the man wearing brown, me thinks that he is Kuya Boodeck Sotero because he was the one organizing everything related to surfing. He is also the who took care of my SLR camera and took photos of us while we were surfing. (Aha! so you are the one who didn't capture my moment >.<)

how lovely to see this picturesque scene outside our balcony

my surfing instructor and me - i forgot his name sareeeh!


We took our lunch again at the rolling store(others though eat at the ChowVan - Chowking on a Van). Learn more about this rolling store here in a seperate post link HERE. Not only you can save money eating at this cheapo place, but the food is also great!

outside Museo de Baler


After stuffing our stomachs with some food for lunch, we headed now to the nearby tourist spots around the area. Our first stop is this Museo de Baler. There are a lot of things you can see inside this museum, there is no entrance fee, just a donation. For more details about this you can view my post HERE.

quezon memorial park in front of museo de baler

pasalubong store near the rolling store and museo de baler


old municipal hall of baler

Baler Church in front of Maria Aurora House


Aurora Quezon's House standing near the Baler Church, Dona Aurora Aragon Quezon is the wife of the late Commonwealth President. This house is restored/rebuilt to honor her wife. For more information about this house, click HERE.

inside Dona Aurora Quezon's House



You can shop pasalubong like tshirts, keychains, slippers, bags, peanut butters, wines, sweet stuffs at the Pasalubong Center where you can also find Suman de Baler(the most popular pasalubong here in Baler - the violet one). 10 pieces of Suman will cost you 50 pesos. It is made of purple sticky rice which is locally grown here.

Touring some historical spots around Baler is just so easy. From the rolling store(where we had taken our lunch) you can walk by foot or by bike if you want to. You don't need to bring you car while touring around the area. Save up gas man, it's just a walking distance and just nearby to each other as in magkakatabi or magkakatapat lang. There are alot of stories you could relate to even just visiting those spots. Baler is a romantic place and there are a lot of things to learn more about it.

Baler adventure links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...